M.Y Akiko - Seatouch Upgrade
Now sailing in her new home port - Perth, M.Y Akiko is Alloy's AY35 (VvS1) reincarnated during her recent refit at McMullen and Wing Yacht Builders.
Due to the age of her original touch-screens & PLC's there had been some minor reliability issues plaquing Akiko's alarm, monitoring & control systems. The solution was to upgrade all three touch screens to brand-new units hosting Version.6. Seatouch software - and perform maintenance on the PLC's.
Her 10-year refit was an opportune time to perform this work, in conjunction with her power generation system upgrade we also assisted with.
New screen - Key features
- Rugged, Industrial cast aluminuim enclosure rated IP67
- Latest LCD screen technology
- LED backlighting giving 100% adjustment of brightness
- Screen brightness auto-dims due to built-in ambient light sensor
- Operating system can be either industrial HMI or Windows7 environment
- Allows remote access & control for software updates and long term support
- WiFi connectivity to on-board IPad, IPhone and Android devices
Seatouch V.6. - Key features - M.Y Akiko
- Precise Fuel and water capacities giving real time 'litres to fill' readout
- Password control for Captain & Engineer to log in and change settings
- Single point, adjustable calendar & clock so alarm events are always in local time
- Built in BNWAS (Bridge Navigation Watch Alarm System)
- User selection of numerical or bar-graph readouts
- Enhancement to Seagen power management
- Mechanical metering of Kohler generator engines
Requiring a team at McMullen & Wing Yacht builders here in Auckland, New Zealand over a 6-month period we seamlessly worked in with M&W's own electricians & contractors. Coming in on budget & on time was challenging due to our overseas commitments occurring at the same time as this local project. The team at Attest all pulled together and got it done late in 2016 allowing Akiko to depart just before New Year's Eve bound for Perth.
We look forward to supporting Akiko whether it's via our internet connection to Seatouch, providing custom AY electrical parts, or simply just answering the phone when they call.
An awesome outcome for everyone involved!
For more information on this project, or for a costed proposal please Get in touch.