M.Y So Nice - Generator Upgrade
Generator upgrade - 10-year refit
At 10-years old Tats required new generators, a paint job, and to complete the transformation was re-named "So NIce".
As the original engineers of her system (while employed at Alloy Yachts) we knew her design and installation intimately - enabling us to provide electrical engineering, complete all Lloyds' plan approvals, & work with local installers to commission her new system.
New Asea shore power converters were fitted, and 70EKW Kohler generators replace the CatC4's. A new PLC was integrated into the existing PMS to acquire data from the panel meters and directly from the Kohler generators DM3500. This data was used for instrumentation & load shedding.
Full generator engine data is now available on all Seatouch screens.
- Consult and identify where existing systems needed attention
- Provide improvement options for consideration by crew and project managers
- Design Concept, seek approval & Specify equipment
- Project planning - coordinating with three other USA based installers
- Electrical engineering - Working drawings
- Handling all electrical aspects of Lloyd's Plan Approval
- Modification of PLC & Touch screen programs to suit new arrangement
- Installation of new Mimic & control panel
- Installation of new PLC's
- Create testing and validation procedures for alarms, shutdowns and safeties - LR Approved
- Conduct load bank testing for system break-in
- Participate in LR Class trials and general commissioning
Requiring a team in Ft Lauderdale over a 1-month period, preceded by design and programming from our Auckland office made for demanding times but a VERY satisfying result. Pleased to say that we delivered this upgrade on-time and within budget receiving good feedback from the ships engineer.
We look forward to supporting Tats whether it's via our internet connection to Seatouch, providing custom AY electrical parts, or simply just answering the phone when they call.
For more information on this project, or for a costed proposal please Get in touch.