S.Y Red Dragon - Seatouch V6
Upgrade of her Seatouch (AMC) touch screens and software to V6
Due to the age of her original touch-screens & PLC's there had been some minor reliability issues plaquing Red Dragon's alarm, monitoring & control systems. The solution was to upgrade all eight touch screens to brand-new units hosting Version.6. Seaouch software - and perform maintenance on the PLC's.
Her 2019 winter work period was an opportune time to perform this work, in conjunction with her flybridge dashboard upgrade that we also assisted with.
New screen - Key features
- Rugged, Industrial cast aluminuim enclosure rated IP67
- Latest LCD screen technology
- LED backlighting giving 100% adjustment of brightness
- Screen brightness auto-dims due to built-in ambient light sensor
- Operating system can be either industrial HMI or Windows7 environment
- Allows remote access & control for software updates and long term support
- WiFi connectivity to on-board IPad, IPhone and Android devices
Seatouch V.6. - Key features
- Precise Fuel and water capacities giving real time 'litres to fill' readout
- Password control for Captain & Engineer to log in and change settings
- Single point, adjustable calendar & clock so alarm events are always in local time
- Built in BNWAS (Bridge Navigation Watch Alarm System)
- User selection of numerical or bar-graph readouts
- Enhancement to Seagen power management
- Integrating Seatouch with engineers IPad & IPhone
- Mechanical metering of generator engines
Requiring a team in Palma over a 4-week period, preceded by design and programming from our Auckland office made for demanding times but a VERY satisfying result. Pleased to say that we delivered this upgrade on-time and within budget receiving good feedback on the new graphics and system functionality from the ships engineer.
We look forward to supporting Red Dragon II - whether it's via our internet connection to Seatouch, providing custom AY electrical parts, or simply just answering the phone when they call.