S.Y Vertigo - New panels
As creators of Seatouch back-lit panels we were called upon to update them, with the existing ones around 10-years old. Although still fully functional, cosmetically they were no longer in-keeping with Vertigo's superbly maintained exterior and mechanical systems.
To replace the panels involved a full removal and strip-down of all the electrics - transplanting them onto the new ones to accompany the brand new back-lighting system, Twin-Disc control levers, joystick controls, steering tiller, and freshly painted metal frames.Following assembly the new panels were delicately suspended in place to allow re-attachment of the circuit boards and wiring. Once fastened in place and sealed we thoroughly water tested them looking for leaks. Despite being a flybridge yacht these helms still see plenty of green water due to the narrow bow and flush decks leading up to the flybridge.
- Design / CAD
- Procurement & Project Management
- Removal and checking of existing circuit boards
- Removal of existing panels
- Assembly and installation of new panels
- Reinstatement of all circuit boards
- Replacement of all red LED's and bar-graphs
- Re-connection of ships cabling to panels
- Upgrade of all joysticks to new type
- Re-manufacture of molded rear covers
- Testing and re-commissioning.
Our final word
It was great to attend this yacht in Athens and work along-side the crew on lots of other small jobs as well as the dashboard replacement. It was very pleasing to find all her systems in original condition, and her Seatouch software un-changed a decade since delivery by Alloy Yachts International in 2011.
We wish Vertigo a great season, and look forward to working with her again in the near future.
See here to learn more about this fine yacht. Thanks for having us aboard from all the team here at ATTEST!