Fiordland Jewel - Design
Working with her Nelson based builder we delivered a comprehensive electrical design package
Being built to Maritime New Zealand standards meant this vessel needed electrical design & drawings submitted for plan approval - prior to construction. With this client also building in-house electrical capability we provided high-level design, and guidance from the outset and throughout the build process.
Designed for full compliance with AS/NZS3004.2.2014 and the additional requirements of Rule 40A , Restricted coastal limits - meant we delivered the following design package:
- Detailed load analysis for generator sizing
- 400vAC Supply arrangements & sub-circuit distribution
- 400vAC Volt-drop calculations for all cables
- Generator control systems & Power Management
- 24vDC Supply arrangements & sub-circuit distribution
- 24vDC Volt-drop calculations for all cables
- Battery, charging & distribution systems
- Service battery endurance calculations
- Radio battery endurance calculations
- Bilge & Fire alarm systems
- Full cable schedule - pull list
- Ongoing support throughout construction
Awesome to be involved in this project - With all the mod-cons this is a comprehensive electrical system for a vessel that seeks to impress her passengers, providing a unique experience in total comfort and safety.
To support our design we also manufactured and supplied main switchboards, and control systems. More information can be found Here.
Thanks for having Attest work for you on this one!
For more information on this project, or for a costed proposal please Get in touch.